Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Make- Over

I had been thinking about it for a while... 


Wally and I really went through a tough time in January and personal hygiene is a big problem when you are permanently mobile. It did not take long for us to deteriorate... skin, hair, feet... oh pretty much everything. 


Things started going better and we got a place to hang out hats, but it still seemed as if it took a while for the grubbiness to wash off... 


I needed a make-over...


As I looked over at my man and his fuzzy hair and stringy mustache, I figured he needed one too... 


"I need to color my hair and give it a cut," I told him, "and you need a cut too... and actually...." I was thinking coloring his hair and mustache might be a pick-me-up for him too... 


We headed out to the drugstore where we found haircolor for 2.50 a box and I picked out darker colors, ones that were more suited to Wally. We looked at the Grecian formula for beards and mustaches... 15 bucks? I don't think so... but geez... it sure would be nice...


Now you have to understand that when Wally and I are together we're like a couple of little kids...


We don't really have any clothes we can afford to ruin with hair dye so we opted to do this make-over au natural, which made us giggle to start with! 


So, he did my hair as we laughed the whole time and I did his (with the same bottle of color) as we laughed even more and then he came up with the idea of using an old toothbrush to apply it to his mustache. Ummm... My first thought was that he'd end up poisoned and it probably wouldn't work anyway. Before I knew it he'd already applied it! Okayyyyyyy.... so we wait... 


Getting rinsed was easy here as our sink has a sprayer. Oh yes... two kids can have fun with a sprayer! Ha! 


I was amazed to see that the color actually took on Wally's mustache. It worked! It also tamed his hair so it was much easier to trim. I did my bangs and then we stood back to look at our transformations.....


Yeah... Our two dollar and fifty cent make-over worked out pretty well!

2 comments:

  1. Good. For. You!!!

    'Bout time you kids did something FUN!!!

    Lots'a hugs, Kim!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. smiling :o)
    love you,
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete