Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Holding My Breath

Not much has happened...


I'm still waiting to be kicked out of here. We are dead silent when we hear someone coming up the stairs or worse yet, knock on our door...


The temp place "Blob Employ" has been punishing me... this always happens if I turn down a job they call me in for. They don't take it well if you say "no thanks"... The best thing to do is just let the call ring through, get the message and then bust yourself calling back FAST if it's a job you want to go out on. If you don't want it.. hey, you didn't get the message in time.


So, they sent me out to "the fish place"... I'm not ready to talk about how super fantastic that was...


Other than that I've been trying to get other things done but right now every little bump seems like a huge mountain. I'm getting discouraged so everything seems "hard"... or even "impossible"...


I've decided to take Dani out of school for the rest of this year and put her in the online schooling program called Insight... there are a few reasons for this...


She is very unhappy and really struggling in school right now, (not with the work, but with her peers) and I feel it would be best to get her away from these two-faced, lying, back-stabbers for a while. Perhaps the ugly rumors and accusations about her will get stopped... There will be no need to search her and then call in cops to examine the M&M's found in her backpack... These jerks will find someone else to pick at, poke and smear.


I'm familiar with Insight and know it has very good academic programs. Another plus is, when we move, even if we leave this state, her schooling will remain the same and I believe that they will even pay for part or all of our internet service while she is enrolled, which would really help me out.


Now the issue is taking her out of school... The task seems overwhelming. I have a letter written. I can't find WHO to send it to. I need to set up a meeting... and I'm stumped as to who to call.


I emailed a lawyer. He only does workman's comp cases. He gave me a referral. I have not called yet.


I emailed Gina and went over there to pick up my paycheck. I worked 9 days for her, a total of 39 hours and she paid me 118 dollars. I just grabbed the check and left.


I'm just not up to confrontations right now. I'm not up for the fight. I'm beyond being tired of it. I can't do it... not today... maybe tomorrow... maybe not...


After working at "the fish place" I felt rather run down. I came home sore and beaten up, and I started getting a sore throat. That's my cue to take it easy until I feel better. I simply cannot afford to get completely sick.


I finally went to the food bank today. I had to, since 118 dollars did not go very far. I dread going there although all in all they do their best to make it a pleasant and not so degrading experience. The people there are very nice.


During the hour we waited outside in line I thought about all the times I have donated to food banks and many other charities... and how I never imagined that I would ever be one of the people needing to receive those donations... and when I get back on my feet again I'm going to donate again and pay back what I've gotten.


Wally went with me to carry stuff. I handed the lady a piece of recent mail and she looked me up in the computer system and I got a card with a 3 on it because that's how many are in our household to feed. We went through another line then to pick out items and were told how many we could have according to the number on our card.


They had meat today, (unusual) so we got sausage patties and frozen catfish. There were also half gallons of milk, eggs and cereal... canned tomato, rice, salad dressing and butter, The fruits and veggies are loose and always mostly rotten so you have to pick through it, but they pretty much let you take what you want and I've never seen anyone take more than they could use... We got a bag of salad mix, a bell pepper, onion, carrots, collard greens, potatoes, basil, a pear and a banana. Breads and toilet paper were at the end of the line.


Before we left our phone rang... Blob Employ... I was assigned 3 night-shifts for this week at the cereal plant! LUCKY DAY! I have work! They are 12 hour shifts and the pay is much better than the fish place!


I was able to stop holding my breath for a moment and let out a big sigh of relief...

No comments:

Post a Comment