Thursday, September 23, 2010

Busy, busy, busy...

It's been a busy few days... My head has kind of been spinning... 

I've been off from work for the past few days... A good thing because I've had time to scramble around trying to figure out what to do. It is all up to me. The ball is ALWAYS in my court. So okay. 

Tony showed up at our door and we had a fantastic visit! It just did my heart so much good to see him again. I know he's a man now, he's doing his own thing. I just really miss the days when he was always around to talk to and to laugh with. I have missed him.

He seemed pretty pleased to have some of my chicken fried steak and that made me feel all warm and fuzzy. 

He blew in with pictures and stories of his adventures in Alaska and then blew out just as quickly... have not heard from or seen him since.

The next day was busy also as I went to donate plasma and went to pay my car payment, a couple of stops looking for work, then home to get Wally and go back out grocery shopping... Oh dear heavens, I hate grocery shopping. It's really no fun grocery shopping when you have to count every micro-penny.  

Yesterday I had an interview. Not really a big deal, it was just at the temp agency. I was sweating it anyway. 
It turned out to be all good as I've worked there before, everyone knew me and I have a great reputation there. I was instantly re-hired.

That is good. It isn't dependable income but in the past it has been what I needed to get by. 

I can't tell you how relieved I was to just be treated so good, welcomed in...( how do you take your coffee, have a seat, let's catch up!) ...  and given a job assignment before I even left the building. It was different... it was nice. 

Now today? I really wanted to rest. I have a totally full weekend coming up. But there are other things that I have to deal with... like, we really need to move because I just can't afford to stay here. 

Once again I went to donate plasma and then Wally and I went apartment hunting. 

It was an experiment in futility... We stopped at FIVE complexes.. Not even one of them had their office open. They were all out to lunch until 1pm... but wait... it was after 2pm! We started joking that they must have all gone out to lunch together! HA! ( I want THAT job!) 

We tried calling.. you get the ol' automation system run around... 

It will be a pretty crazy weekend for me. I work tonight. Then tomorrow night I will have leave home at 12:30am to go bake and then go straight from my job at Twilight, out to the cereal plant to pull a twelve hour shift there. Should get home around 8pm, then I'll have to go back in to bake at Twilight at 2am. 

From there? I intend to sleeeeep!  


  1. Kim, as your friend I am so very PROUD of you and the hard work you're doing to make your life work. I honestly believe the universe will reward you for your resourcefulness and drive.

    About Tony? My Tony is my middle son, Wes; I haven't seen him in a few years now, but he's called a couple times because he wanted something. Tony had the decency to spend time with you and share a little bit of his life for the time you had with him. I would give just about anything to have that with my three sons.

    Guess it's just a lot of life happening.

    I hope you're able to find a little time for yourself here and there, my friend; you work so hard.

    Again, I'm proud of you, and you should be proud of yourself.

    *hugs Kim very bigly*

  2. **BIG HUGS** back to you Marge.

    Sometimes I am really SO self-centered.

    As for the boys.. well, you gotta let them go and have their lives. I think that they really don't KNOW how much it means to us just to hear a word or two, or get a hug.

    I don't think the universe is going to reward me any time soon (but that sure would be nice)

    Thank you for your kind words.