Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Think I'll Write A Note

I am calm now...

Really...

I got a lot of rest and a lot of sleep. I needed it. I find that I end up getting run down and then wonder why I freak out. A good meal, a hot shower and a restful sleep can fix it all.

I also got my chocolate, so yes, all is well with my world.

I did do a lot of research into this states labor laws. It appears that I don't have a leg to stand on. Employers here can do anything they want to. They can fire you for no reason. They are not required to provide you with a reason. They can deny you merit raises even if you are preforming well.

NOW I understand why people out here think they are lucky to be Union Members. The Union is our only real protection... and the Union stinks... sorry... but it does... it's not good protection but it's better than nothing.

I'm going to give a lawyer a holler anyway.

I've decided to take it easy on my boss... but the notes?... The notes really must stop.

I figure the best way to deal with this is to write him a note.



Excuse me... I just fell off of my chair laughing!

I guess I am just going to have to adjust. The people I work with love writing notes. They did it when they were in high school together and they still do it today... soooo, when in Rome... yeah.. (you know the rest...)

I could probably get the man in real trouble, but I just don't have it in me... If I had done what I was thinking about doing, he probably would've lost his job.

I know he doesn't care about me, my kids, or my job stability... that much is obvious. The minute he found out that I bought a car he cut my hours.

It seems to be part of the backwards way they process thoughts out here. Oh good, she bought a car so she's back on her feet again... don't need to schedule her full time.

Hellooo! A car means an additional payment per month. I need the hours...

I just... I do not want to be like the people there. I do not like most of the people there. Don't get me wrong some of them are really cool... but most are not.

That in itself is very odd for me to say.

I have met all kinds of people, from everywhere, from all over the world and from all over this vast country of America. I really love people.

So I'm in a weird position...

The people in Twilight just seem to hate me. I didn't go to school with them. I'm from a big city. I don't fit in.
All they want to do is gossip and badmouth each other and I don't want to participate in that.

Most of these folk are farmers and I can certainly understand that. I came from a family of farmers... but then again I can't understand...

About a year ago I was taking a break outside with a couple of girls at work. One was trying to give the other directions to her home. She did not know her address and could not remember the name of the ranch she lived beside. She had lived there all of her life. She was 22 years old.

We were all sitting on the tailgate of her truck and then she spat. She spat like a man! I was shocked but did not say a word. She was a beautiful young woman... I no longer wondered why she wasn't having much luck getting dates.

I learned how to spit too. I was five. My brother taught me. I was good at it too but I never did it in front of anyone else! It ain't proper... just ain't proper I tell ya! (not to mention that was 1969 and now it's 2010)

I do feel like I am being mistreated and I rarely stick up for myself. I always start out feeling like I must deserve the treatment that I am getting. Then I start trying to figure out what I did wrong. When I can't figure it out I start getting angry.

My biggest mistake is letting it all go until I explode.  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment