Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Home On Wheels

I was really wanting something to read and quite disappointed that I wouldn't be able to check out something from the library. Luckily I found a way around that.


I'd forgotten that downstairs they kept books and magazines that were free! 


I looked through them for ages trying to make a good choice and finally found one that suited me.


Wally and I made our way back to the parking lot where we've been staying. We are not alone there. There are many others sleeping in RV's, vans, trucks, and cars. 


We sat there and joked about our "neighbors" and as we watched this one and that one we chuckled and giggled. Wally wanted to sleep but I was restless so I read by the light of the lamppost we'd parked under. Perhaps I read too long because I sure was groggy when we woke up at 6am.


I've been glad to have Wally drive all the time. I really don't want to... but sometimes I should because Wally does have a problem with night-blindness... I really should have this morning.


Over the curb, the walkway and through the trees to the coffee shop we go! 


As Wally turned right before we got to the street we were to turn on. Scared me to pieces! I didn't know he was THAT blind! Everything was fine though, we made it in one piece.


I had a voucher for a free coffee, so a dollar-fifty got us two coffees and four hours of internet access. It only took us an hour to get the computer to work... This is getting bad... I have no idea how much longer it will be before this computer simply will never start up again.


From there we headed to a local church. We were glad to find that they offer showers and lunch there twice a week. We were mostly excited about getting cleaned up. 


It was great to get a hot shower and wash my hair. The lunch was really good too, soup, tuna casserole, salad and warm buttered bread. 


As we were leaving Blob-Employ returned my calls and offered me three shifts, the first one being tomorrow. 


We headed over to pick up Dani and take her to the dentist. The day was looking pretty freeking fabulous as I was anxious to see my daughter and talk to her for a while, and now I have WORK, and I felt great from being clean and well fed.


Yes, things were looking up...


Although our lives are upside-down and sideways right now, Wally and I are glad that Danielle is able to sort of keep having a normal life, in a home, and going to the dentist is part of that normal stuff... 


As the three of us headed to the dentists office we talked and then suddenly the front of the car started to shake.


"Ohhhh NOOOooooo!" 


We pulled over... a flat tire... on the front passenger side. 


It seems like nothing can go right for us.

1 comment:

  1. You and your family are doing the best you can, Kim; do you realize that, although you have lost a lot of things yiou have gained a measure of freedom from them? You have wally and he has you; you have Dani, and she has you. It's love. It's the ONE thing that can't be taken from you.

    In a few years Steve'
    s mortgage on the house will be due to be paid off; we will most likely not have the money to accomplish that, so we may be in your shoes then.

    As Steve says, "Each of us--all of us--are only 24 hours away from being homeless."

    I'm sending love and hope to you, Wally, and Dani, Kim.

    Be brave.

    Be strong.

    ReplyDelete