Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Feast or Famine

Yeah, Feast or Famine... seems to be the story of my life here in Washington.


One second it looks great.. the next second it looks crappy.


I do not want to go through another winter like last winter. That is for sure. I will do anything to prevent that. 


Oh yes, I can sound all big and full of gusto now, but...  


I know I can easily find myself sliding down that big spiral staircase hitting every step on the way down with my face and come to a crushing end at the bottom with my breathtakingly beautiful southern-bell skirts flopped up enough to show my pretty lacy underwear...


I raise my face up to look around in surprise because it all happened so fast and my head starts to pound and my nose starts to bleed... the ballroom is full of people and they burst out in laughter as the music plays on... I look down to the polished wooden floors and see spots of blood dripping in front of me and I'm confused... 


Why are they laughing? Why isn't anyone coming to help me up? 


If I saw this happen to someone else I'd go to help them up. Why are they laughing at me?


I feel the draft from my skirts being uplifted... then my ears start to ring and I see the laughing faces of everyone just looking at me but I can't hear them anymore... I only hear the ringing in my ears... and I do not understand anything... just don't understand anything... perhaps the fall gave me brain damage... 


Then I wake up.


The alarm is going off and Wally has done "the magic blanket trick" in order to get me up. 


Now ya see it...


WHIP THE COVERS OFF THE BED!


Now ya don't...  


Hmmm there's the draft I was feeling... 


The ears ringing? Well, that's just a thing since I went back to industrial work. (Oh, it's just a story in itself.) 


The blood? Oh, my pillow was a bit damp... umm.... might have been a bit of drool... maybe...  I think I won't be verifying that... but I will just say it's a possibility. 






Suddenly we're starting to see job openings in my field. 


Amazing.


I sent my resume in and got a call back right away.


I was shocked... because usually here IF they call back they aren't even interested interviewing you for a few days or so.( there have been times that I've been told that they were not even really looking for help... they were just checking out the field ... :/.... uh huh....so, ummm, why did you bother to call me back?  ) 


Not the case here... *insert total freak out look*


They wanted to set up an interview for tomorrow... and I am completely booked man... ( I wanted to say YES YES YES.... sooooooo bad... but I couldn't. 


Problem ? 


I'm working from midnight tonight to six in the morning. Then I'm going to the cereal plant  (at 7am) to do a 12+  hour shift. There is NO WAY to do an interview tomorrow.


I am NOT passing up real work and definite money for a ... "maybe"... ( I learned my lesson there, DON'T DO THAT... don't cancel what you have for sure for what you MIGHT have... that's a seriously stupid move.... a move that I have made before, none the less... graceful swan that I am.....)


Now if Blob employ cancels on me... which, you never know, they just might... then? .... oh for pete's sakes!!!! Myeh!..... I won't think about that happening... 


I told the truth to the folks that were wanting to meet me and interview me. I JUST took that temp job out at the cereal plant for tomorrow but I would be available anytime the next day.


Why do I still feel like a butthead?


So an interview is set up...


I suppose it's all good... I have no time at all to sit still long enough to get nervous.  


Basically I am just puzzled over WHY it's like this...


One minute there's nothing... Work has been sparse.. 


The next minute it's like all dumped on me... 


I find out today that I have 36 hours scheduled at Twilight... Then when I got home Blob Employ calls to schedule me for two shifts at the cereal plant this week (12 hour shifts... yeah.. two 12 hour shifts) ... THEN I get called to come in and interview for another job... 


Hmmm... *sigh* ... just might be a rough week...


Might just get the old "Magic Blanket Trick" again  in the morning... (and it's been in the 40's here in the early morn)


Perhaps I forgot to mention the "magic" part of the whole blanket trick... Yes, it gets cold. Yes, it wakes me. 


The magic part it is my lover being all over me after the blanket is away and kissing me awake.


Yeah it seems to work for me.

2 comments:

  1. i don't think everyone is really laughing at your nosebleed. i think if you had really looked into the crowd you'd of seen at least a few who were only trying to warn you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing that impresses me, Kim, is that after all the complications, you finished the essay with the mention of a loved one's caring for you.

    Sometimes all it takes is a little loving to make things a little better!!!

    Give that man of yours a hug for me, would'ja? Then give yourself a really big one from me!!!

    8 )

    ReplyDelete